SENIOR PROJECT COORDINATOR – SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Job description:Senior Project Coordinator - Supply Chain Management
In a nutshell
LOCATION: Veldhoven, Netherlands
TEAM: Logistics & supply chain management
EXPERIENCE: 3-7 years
JOB CATEGORY: Logistics & supply chain management
In this role, you work for the product life cycle management department (within supply chain management) as part of a cross-departmental R&D team. This means you’ll be balancing a broad range of stakeholders both from within your cross-functional project team and from the supply chain management department. You’ll be supporting technology-driven development projects by finding creative supply chain solutions that not only meet your stakeholders needs but also help bring the supply chain management department to the next level.
The parts life cycle management department prides itself on its tight collaboration with other departments and teams across the company, and for securing material availability without fail. Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Creating a project plan and maintaining it
-Incorporating logistics requirements into designs
- Ordering materials in order to ensure availability
- Conducting logistics risk analyses
-Securing and allocating financial resources for packaging and customer tooling
- Proactivelymanaging materials availability by making sure the bill of material (rawmaterials list) and technical product drawings required for a particularpart are available on schedule
- Creating transparent parts supply and demand schedules
- Creating decision sheets for late materials
- Determiningthe consequences that proposed plan changes have on the supply chain
- Creating,aligning, and monitoring implementation plans for engineering changes,while safeguarding the impact on material timing, cost and quality
- Contributingto the further development of the product life cycle management department
- Experience in planning, logistics processes and quality in a high-tech, low-volume environment, and in ramping up new products
- Experience as a project engineer in a high-tech, low volume environment (e.g. supply chain engineering; production engineering)
- Experience in process development and IT-related process automation
- Experience in driving improvements
- Assertive, proactive problem solving skills
- Ensuring accountability
- Strong planning and alignment skills
Social and communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Customer focus
- Persuasion skills
- Collaboration; team player orientation
- Able to manage ambiguity
People are our single most valuable asset. In product life cycle management, our management team works with our project coordinators to help develop both their hard and soft skills through dedicated training programs. We keep an eye on their progress through a transparent training matrix dashboard.
A total of 55 people currently work in the product life cycle management department, divided over four teams. You’ll be a part of one of our two teams of 8–12 project coordinators, each headed by a team lead, who will guide your personal development and oversee the development of processes within their team. Your team lead reports to a group leader, who in turn reports to the department director. The department’s other two teams include one team of operationally-focused product life cycle management project leaders, and one team of strategically-focused supply chain management project leaders.
Being ‘in the middle’ between R&D teams and supply chain management means you’ll spend a significant amount of time in meetings with various stakeholders. You can expect to be a part of the following types of meetings:
- Development and engineering (R&D) project meetings
- Calls with suppliers to align on materials availability and planning
- ‘Escalation’ meetings as part of a ‘tiger team’ managing urgent materials issues
- Alignment meetings with system integration teams and production planning teams to discuss challenges in building prototypes and pilots
- Alignment meetings to manage engineering changes related to introducing new materials in our supply chain, factories and customer locations
- Inner circle: team leaders and project managers from both product life cycle management and supply chain management.
- Middle circle: R&D project managers, supplier quality engineers, manufacturing engineers, customer support engineers and supply coordinators.
- Outer circle: configuration change specialists, sourcing leads, purchasers, logistics supply managers and field modification planners.
Read what other parts life cycle management project coordinators have to say:
Mei-Jhi (age 28): “What I like about my job as project coordinator is that every day is different from the day before – there’s a lot of variety in this function and that keeps this job interesting. I also love working within the product life cycle management because I instantly felt very welcome within the department.”
Bart (age 52): "Of course we use procedures and best practices, but what I particularly like about this job is the fact that every case has its own specific details which makes the 'puzzle' complex. You need to dig into it and be keen to understand before actually being able to solve it."
Interested in this position?
We are happy to get in touch with you! You can send your application by using the "Apply" button.
Agency calls not appreciated