|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
citizenM is an affordable luxury hotel chain for mobile citizens of the world. With style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveller who is quality and design driven, and value conscious. We currently have hotels in the Netherlands, France, UK, Switzerland, Denmark, USA and Asia, with more to come soon. We are proud to put hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach. We like to do things differently. This means our hotels are not traditional… and neither are our support offices. We're open-minded, with kind hearts and global minds.
A well-maintained hotel has a direct positive impact on guest satisfaction. Therefore citizenM is looking for a solid hotel engineer who can help us change its maintenance organization from reactive to preventive. A proactive mindset combined with curiosity and a sociable personality are very important elements for this role.
As a hotel engineer, you are responsible for the complete day to day maintenance in the hotel. You will communicate with the hotel senior engineer, hotel manager, housekeeping department, (sub)contractors and the citizenM Support office.
- Making sure our guests are happy! Ensure our rooms are working and nothing is damaged
- Inform the hotel team with rooms can and cannot be sold
- Support the hotel team with technical tasks throughout the hotel
- On-call in case of emergencies
- Manage and coordinate 3rd party subcontractors in terms of preventative maintenance
- Be the first point of contact in case of any issues with the building installations
- Responsibility for hotel safety. This means you are involved in executing the water risk assessment and fire risk assessment
- Keep everybody informed by updating the status to the hotel team and the in the supporting software
- full time, 37 hours, 5 days across 7
- Are a skilled, all-round engineer with basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems
- Are able to work independently
- Have a basic knowledge of computer software (email, excel, word), and are interested to learn new software programs
- Have a good level in communicating and writing in English
- Are eager to learn and develop yourself
- Do not have a 9 to 5 mentality, interesting challenges always happen at unexpected times
- Are proactive and enthusiastic
- Are ready to work in a team, side by side with the hotel staff and citizenM’s Support Office
- Are passionate about the things you’re doing.
- Offer you a mobile job, never dull or standard
- Offer you full training on all systems and building plants
- Will develop your skills and knowledge
- Give you an exclusive citizenM outfit
- Will welcome you in our growing citizenM family
This position will be based around Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
citizenM loves diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.